MicroSD2 Daughter Board HowTo
The MicroSD Daughter Board kit is an add-on board that fits over top of the EVAL-USB-XXX board and provides a MicroSD flash card slot.
This document describes how to assemble and use the EVAL-USB MicroSD Daughter BoardRequirements:
The MicroSD Daughter Board is shipped as a kit with the following parts:
1) Solder two 1x8 female headers to PORTB and PORTD
2) Solder 1x2 pin male header to JTAG pin 2,4 as shown below (alternatively, you can connect the male and female 1x2 headers and then connect the daughter and main board together to align to the correct pins, then solder)
Shown below is an assembled Xmega based EVAL-USB board.
3) Connect MicroSD Daughter Board to EVAL-USB board
1) Solder two 1x8 female headers to PORTD and PORTF
2) Connect MicroSD Daughter Board to EVAL-USB board
On Xmega based EVAL-USB-xxx boards, the MicroSD card is connected to the USARTD0 configured as a SPI port. On ATmega boards USART1 is used in the SPI configuration.
Example Code will be made available soon.
Last Updated 11/14/2010
All content copyright 2010 by BostonAndroid